Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Prayers for Holy Week - Tuesday

Listen to me, O coastlands, pay attention, you peoples from far away! The Lord called me before I was born, while I was in my mother’s womb he named me. He made my mouth like a sharp sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me a polished arrow, in his quiver he hid me away. And he said to me, "You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will be glorified." But I said, "I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nothing and vanity; yet surely my cause is with the Lord, and my reward with my God."

Isaiah 42:1-4

• God knows me intimately, even from my first moments. He has a plan for me; whatever talents I have, he can put to use.

• Do I stand in the Lord’s way, with my own plan? I worked hard, I tried my best but now I have nothing left to give. Is this now the lord’s time when my way seems blocked?


PRAYERS FOR HOLY WEEK - MONDAY

Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen, in whom my soul delights; I have put my spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the nations. He will not cry or lift up his voice, or make it heard in the street; a bruised reed he will not break, and a dimly burning wick he will not quench; he will faithfully bring forth justice. He will not grow faint or be crushed until he has established justice in the earth; and the coastlands wait for his teaching.

Isaiah 42:1-4

• "My servant will not cry or lift up his voice or make is heard in the street… he will faithfully bring forth justice."

• That is our mission too, Lord: not by force or violence, but by gentle, faithful persistence to bring forth justice on the earth.

Sources: Beliefnet

No comments:

Post a Comment