Saturday, January 29, 2011

An opportunity to Worship through... DANCE!

While Revolution is still in its development stages... 
the Lord opened a door for me to minister through dance at an 
awesome evening of Prayer, Praise & Worship at our church:
422CHURCH.COM. Check it out here! 


There is a story that goes along with this dance as most of my dances have. 
Several months ago I was led to this particular song, "Streetlight" 
by Phil Danyew. Normally, the music I've chosen to dance to has been 
to more lyrical/gospel type music so I was a bit taken a back by this one 
a more contemporary/rock and "informal" hair/dress and believe it 
represented me as I am before the Lord. He spoke to my heart and life
through this song and movement and I was so glad to share this 
revelation publicly through my dancing expression. 


The Lord started showing me visions of a routine/steps to bring it all to life 
it ended up being an outward demonstration of how my relationship with
Him looks like and so I began dancing before The Lord with all my might!


He restored to me, my joy! A dance of RESTORATION!
"The Lord appeared to us saying, "I have loved you with
an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.
I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt, O Virgin Israel.
Again you will take up your tambourines and go out to dance
with the joyful..." (Jer. 31:3-4)


Forgot to mention before... my garment 
colors were also deliberate, the (black) representative of sin, death/
dying to self and the (purple) shows Jesus is my life now, making
"new" daily, God's Royalty & Kingship over everything. 


The scarves/fabric used represented (blue) Heaven/Heavenly grace, 
the (silver) represents Redemption.


I was free to be "me" in the Lord and it felt... magnificent!


The lyrics that struck me the most were: "I fell in love just trying to 
understand, why You loved me first" and "Your heart is all I ever 
want to know and I'll go anywhere You want to go." Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment