Sunday, December 26, 2010

The war wages on...






Painting: SCHAEFER MILES 


An excerpt from "Spiritual Warfare" booklet by Charles Stanley says:
"During the Gulf War, the eyes of the world were focused on the Middle
East and the strife building in that region. In wartime there is always a 
threat of loss of life, dismissal of liberty, and emotional destruction. 
Rarely does a nation emerge from war without some kind of physical 
or psychological scars.

"However, there is a war far more destructive than the ones fought on 
battlefield. It is a spiritual war and it involves each one of us. 
None of us is immune.Charles F. Stanley




This month, I'm doing a study on this particular subject and I'm sure it's
no coincidence that its been tough to say the very least!


Years ago, I "heard" about spiritual warfare but never received a clear
definition on what it is and why it matters to me exactly. Didn't hear too
much about it in church either. Meanwhile, wondering why I was having
doubts, illness, bad attitudes, anger, unforgiveness and unable to find joy
in my life, so many constant struggles.
What's up with that anyway? Some proclaim, "you're only human"
but there is much more to it than meets the eye.


Maybe I wasn't living by God's standards, maybe I wasn't in the Word
of God, maybe I wasn't raised to defeat demonic influence, maybe I was
just stubborn, maybe I just didn't care or don't care. I have to be clear that
God doesn't punish us or cause trouble for us "despite us"...  sometimes
he may use troubles to get our attention, other times, your problem is an 
enemy who seeks to destroy you, which is why it is so vital to learn about
this subject of Spiritual Warfare before it's too late!


Until my eyes were wide opened to God's revelations, the Lord showed me
who He is and why He came and died and rose so He could live in me,
this spiritual warfare knowledge seemed meaningless to me.
Maybe this is where you are spiritually today and this message could very
well be for you.


Something to think about...
"Satan will never tell you, "I'm your greatest threat." He comes as
an angel of light often times - a counterfeit of God's truth. He has
four main objectives: to tempt you to doubt the Word of God; to 
distract you from spiritual things by overloading your schedule;
to disable you in the Lord's service by running your witness
through sin and guilt; to destroy your usefulness physically and/or
emotionally." Charles F. Stanley


"So why do we need warfare, what is so important about it and who am
I to use it?" Those are the thoughts that crossed my mind in the beginning
of my walk with the Lord.


Please make your own mind up to follow the Lord in obedience as you
seriously contemplate the following message:


"God called each of us to live a life of purity and holiness" (Rom. 12:1)
"Don't simplify the reality of Satan's presence in your life or those around
you. He is relentless. Satan wants to deceive you in believing he doesn't
exist. While Satan's power is limited, he was created by God and has 
tremendous power, knowledge, and beauty. When we dismiss God's 
warning to beware of his evil against us, we set ourselves up
for heartache and disappointment." (CFS)


BEHOLD, I GIVE YOU POWER
In Luke 10:19, Jesus tells His disciples; "Behold, I have given you
authority to tread upon serpents and scorpions, and over all the power
of the enemy, and nothing shall injure you." "He is speaking to them
and us today, about spiritual matters and avoiding being captivated
by the mind-set of this world.


One of the most important principles we must learn as believers is
that God's Word and the victory of Christ's death on the cross
have broken Satan's power over us. We do not have to shrink back
in fear but can stand victoriously as long as the source of our strength
is resting in Jesus Christ and not our own pride.


We can't do this in our own strength, so let's meditate on
this: "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace.
In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have
overcome the world." (John 16:33)


Ultimately, we must get to know our Savior. Build a relationship
with Him and don't neglect Him just as you wouldn't your spouse
or children. He needs to be our first priority in our everyday lives 
because "the war wages on" with or without us. So let's get 
fully prepared for the battle!


KEYS TO DEFEATING EVIL: THE ARMOR OF GOD.
http://www.crossroad.to/Victory/Armor.htm








1 comment: