Monday, November 15, 2010

You and I were made for Worship!

Artist Unknown
My impression... Encounters with the Holy Spirit


Have you ever witnessed the Lord's presence in someone else?
Or captured the Lord's glory on your own? Amazing to say the least!

Some say that we cannot truly fathom His glory until we're in heaven. However,
I have experienced a very different view.

From the very first time the Holy Spirit enveloped my heart and life in an
overflowing of emotion and of God's love was when the Lord's presence filled my
room one day during an encounter dancing and I said, "Yes, I will go Lord"... in
2004, My temple (spirit, mind and body) has not been the same!

Dance/Movement has been a constant theme of my life since I took my very first steps
and I know now why the Lord chose movement to be the strongest
weapons against evil that I feel necessary to share with you today.

I've discovered that I was made to Worship the God of the Universe, Jesus Christ
above all other activities under the sun - even more than being a wife and mother!
And so are you by the way...

Some people believe Worship is as simple as singing praises, going to church,
being a part of something "spiritual" - those are all ways in which we can show
our worship to the Father however, there is MUCH much more to it!

You may ask yourself, "who is she to determine what Worship is for me?"
Well, I can tell you what I've experienced more recently, more of my testimony
to the Power of Christ in my life and so, here am I.

Have you ever watched a baby move? Of course you have.
What comes truly natural to them? Movement. Particularly when there is music on!
Turn up the volume and see what happens! This shouldn't be a revelation to you...lol

There is a spiritual matter at hand during the expression of dance that's for sure!
Some might argue that "dance" is carnal in nature, however, not so. Depending upon
your heart's desire that is. "Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty"... freedom
of expression.... one could conclude, dance as a part of that.

This subject is particularly excitable to me... for obvious reasons to those of you
who know all about me. Although, it's because the Lord has designed in us
the heart of a worshiper whether we let that spiritual side out of us or not!
It's inherently there! Now, this is getting good I tell you! Let's get to the crux
of the matter here. What in the world is Worship anyway?

"Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your 
bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your 
spiritual service of worship." (Rom 12:1)

"Worthiness" thus, giving God the recognition He deserves... with our whole
selves! Nothing more (symbols/crosses around our necks, repetitive
prayers/religiosity) nothing less (just going to church).

God doesn't intend worship to be connected to a "place" or "thing" rather, our
heart attitude. Worshippers frequently spend some or all of their time 
professing faith, praising God, thanking God and proclaiming truths about God. 
Are you a Worshiper of the living God?

We have been bought at a high price! Therefore, honor God with your body.

For years a regular church goer or attendee at many different kinds of churches,
I was never able to fully grasp this knowledge that God made me, my whole being/
body to worship Him. I didn't realize that it was "okay" to lift my hands, shout for
joy, spin around and be joyful during worship and praise. How blind I was, how
desperate for the Lord I truly was. I hadn't experienced what it meant to worship
the Lord in spirit and in truth.

Until very recently that is. I thought it was "the church" that held me hostage because
some of them were extremely conservative almost sad during so-called Praise &
Worship time. Though, they have played a part in my spiritual set-backs and growth,
it was until the opening my heart, life and giving all of myself JOYFULLY toward
the Living God who set me free to move in His presence with complete abandon!
Kinda like David.... I get that now!

There are strongholds that the enemy of our souls sets up for us, especially in our
times of solitude and even in our corporate worship. Be aware of those tactics that
are used to hold you back from experiencing fullness in Christ. Examples of these
strongholds against us are: (Embarrassment, Sin, Anger, Bitterness and Unforgiveness)

Don't be ashamed anymore... be encouraged! Lift your hands, shout, sing, dance,
FEEL the Lord and His power and might through you.

Your body is where He (Jesus) longs to dwell and He is bursting at the seams to be
shown to the world through you... Let Him out, I dare you, you'll never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment